Thursday, October 17, 2019

Later In life

Years Later


I can barely believe so much time has passed. When I look back on my childhood, young adulthood, college experience, and now my family experience I can't help but wonder where the time went.

I have been at a job I love for a little over 9 years now. I work in a local tax office doing small business returns and offer small business services. I put my CPA license on hold since I would have to continue my education more which means more expense. I don't use the degree I received at this time but it does bode well for my appititude in handing clients issues.

Thinking back to my college experience I learned so much about how to handle situations, writing skills, business accounting, and so much more. Those skills boost the ability for me to handle the task everyday life throws at me. Everytime a client ask a question, I can answer it, and if I can't I know the correct answer is always let me research that. Giving good advice provides a bond with my clients and has helped me grow my business.

My first year was very shaky. I had a small handful of clients and when you get paid on commission you want every client you can get. Up until a couple years ago I kept two jobs to afford basic living espenses. I now have near 500 clients. I still need to grow my business to afford to pay off student loans and debt accumulated but progress is starting to show.

I guess in short without my college experience I am not sure I would have been able to grow into the person I have become today. A mature responsible member of soceity with some savvy business skills to help my client flourish and in turn myself.

If given the oppertunity make sure that when you attend college you get a degree that fits the skills you have and the job you want. For myself I enjoy going to work everyday to tackle new challenges. Most of the time when I talk to clients I feel like they are old friends. The old saying is "if you have a job you love you will never work a day in your life". I for one say it's true.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment